Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blessing Day

We blessed Hunter today, and everything went great surprisingly. Minus my skirt zipper breaking there were no mishaps. He was so good the whole time, I am always afraid they will be screaming in the middle of it, but that has never happened and I've never heard it happen to anyone else. Maybe he knows how special it all is. If only I could remember all that he probably still can. Someday I suppose. Thanks to my great families for all of their help getting everything ready. Hunter, we love you and couldn't ask for a sweeter little guy to add to our family!



I had to tell the story of this quilt. We were at Grandma Hawkins house and she had just finished it and brought it out to show everyone. Jaxon was particularly interested in all the animals on Noah's ark. We all talked about it and then she put it away. Well, about 10 minutes later Jaxon went up to her and said, " Great Grandma, can I see the blanket again with all the animals?" She said sure and got it out. Then he went on the tell her, "I think my mom needs that blanket for her new baby!" (That was when Hunter was still in my belly.) Grandma thought that was so cute that she gave it to us. She is so talented and it is beautiful! I am thankful Jax was so bold to ask her because it is my favorite blanket. It almost tempts me to change our nursery from surfing to Noah's ark. Thanks Grandma H!





6 comments:

Heath Family said...

What a sweet little guy -- and I love that Jaxon got the quilt for him! Hope you guys are doing well.

Nate and Jamie said...

Grandma Hawkins is amazing! I love that quilt! And I love you sweet Hunter looks in that picture. I have to tell you though, that Luke screamed through his entire blessing so now you can say you know someone it happened to. Haha Not to make you any more paranoid or anything :) I'm glad Hunter just listened... good boy. :)

Cami and Mitch said...

That is such a cute picture of Hunter. I am glad that we got to see you guys, even though it was short. Sorry we came without cookies :)

Melanie S. said...

He looks so angelic. congrats again!

The Hammonds said...

Lena- Hunter is adorable! Its so crazy that you have 3 little boys. So exciting. The blanket is gorgeous. Thank goodness for Jax. I love it.

wackywilsons said...

A beautiful quilt...where is a picture of you? The proud mama!