Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Birthday Wishes Already...
Every morning after breakfast as the kids and I are clearing the table and doing the dishes and such we turn on the Ipod for a little pump of energy and fun as we clean. Usually this is on the days Jax doesn't have school like Monday or Friday. Each of the kids and I have our favorites songs we request and we rotate through each one. I like this song by Mindy Gledhill called Crazy Love, Jake like "Life is a Highway" aka McQueen, and Jaxon like "Eye of the Tiger". Our morning is going normal and we are almost finished when Jax pauses his song and says, "Mom? I know what I want for my birthday when I turn six." And I proceed to ask what that is. He goes on to tell me he wants to invite all his friends over, turn on the "Tiger" song and they can watch while I dance!!! He was totally serious and then he says and I want you to paint my face like a Tiger. "The kids will really like to watch me dance cause I am good!" I said you are good but wouldn't it be more fun if all of you danced to the song? Nope, I want to dance and they get to watch! There you have it, his birthday isn't till July and we repeat this dialog every time we play the song in the morning with different add ons each time like making sure I put six candles in the cake. I guess we will see how it all plays out in the end, I can't wait! Now I'd better go YouTube how to paint a face like a tiger or hire an artist for the occasion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melina that is so funny. I love how he wants to dance FOR his friends and all of the other details he came up with. This sounds exactly like something trajen would say. He LOVES to dance too. And like Jake his #1 request is life is a highway! Haha! Good story :)
Post a Comment