Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hunter growing up

We are finally all better after two or more weeks of one sick person after another. Even Jeff had it for three weeks. Luckily mine only lasted for two days and I was back. February always flies right by after a forever January and now its March and we are halfway through it! I just wanted to put some updates for Hunter since he doesn't even have a scrapbook! He is growing so fast and becoming himself more each day. He is finally starting to talk and will do some signs after months of coaxing. He can now audibly say: Bump (Jump), Fish, Ga' ma (Grandma), Dad and Ma, Ba (Ball), eeth (teeth), pop (popsicle) the signs for more and please and drink. He is starting to point with his finger and will tuck his head down close to his finger so you can really see what he is talking about. He jabbers to us especially the boys about whatever he is wanting to tell you. He can climb to just about anything and drags our 5 gallon buckets everywhere to stand on.  It reminds me of this stool in my Grandma Squires house that had this poem on it; "This little stool of mine, I use it all the time, to reach things I couldn't and lots of things I shouldn't."The other day we were all going down to feed the chickens and were laughing about something, we all stopped and it was quiet for a second and then Hunter started to laugh like he had just gotten the joke! He is still taking a bottle to go to bed and for naps and I am having a hard time taking it away because he goes down so easy! He wins the prize so far for the best tantrums a kid can throw in our family. He can out eat anyone at the table no joke and will eat just about anything and surprisingly doesn't like regular snack food. I personally am thankful for that. I would rather eat a piece of jerky, apple, orange and an almond than have a ritz cracker. He even ate raw cauliflower today at lunch. He is a mama's boy but is learning that sometimes if he really wants to go do something fun he has to go with someone else. For example, Kristina was taking the boys out to jump before Jake went to school and I was cleaning up lunch and I asked him if he wanted to jump with Kristina or stay inside with mom and he immediately went to Kristina. I had him trained on his dad right when he was one like his brothers except Jake kept teasing him and getting to Jeff first so now he would prefer his mommy. I'd better enjoy it while I can.

No comments: