
Birthday Pancakes

The infamous dinosuar cake!

Opening our presents!

Time for candles!

Has it really been three years, I can't believe it! On Monday it was Jaxon's birthday. Grandma and Grandpa Squires stayed over the weekend after the race for his big day. All of our family was able to come for the party even Great Grandma and Grandpa Burgess were there, they are so sweet we love them so much. Well the day started off with Jaxon's favorite breakfast pancakes and he even asked for candles, so we sang Happy Birthday and he blew out candles on the pancakes. The rest of the day was busy busy. Thank goodness grandpa was there to play with the kids and even do some outdoor projects for me. Grandma saved the day for sure, I was incredibly sore from the race, I walked like an old grandma bent over and hobbling and complaining all day. She helped to cook all the food, decorate, clean up run errands and everything else imaginable. I was a helpless gimp. The project of the day was the dinosaur cake. Making it wasn't too bad, decorating it though took forever. We took a star tip to the whole thing but it was worth it! It was amazing sorry for bragging but it was cool and Jaxon loved it which made all the hours and sore hands from squeezing worth it. All to be devoured in 10 minutes from hungry monsters! Jaxon got loads of stuff, thanks everyone, you were way too generous. The cousins were great to help play with the toys and open all the packages, you need all those kids to get the packages unwrapped because we have to play with each one in between opening. What a concept for a three year old. After presents and cake we went outside on the grass and just hung out and talked it was the perfect end to a great day. Jaxon was so sweet all day even when he didn't take a nap for the first time ever, I hope this isn't the start of something new. We are so thankful for Jaxon, he is so loving and snuggly and always makes us feel loved. He is so good to his brother and is always trying to do what he is asked. He likes to please and help me in the kitchen and clean the house and whatever other task I am involved in the he actually does a great job everytime! We couldn't live without him! Happy Birthday Jax, we love you!!!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Jaxon! That cake is soooo cool!
Holy cow, that cake was amazing! Where did you figure out how to do something like that?
The cake was "Dino"-mite! I'm starting to get it, you like to run half marathons and have cake frosting marathons.
I heard about the famous dinosaur cake from your mom, it looks great! I have some pictures from Bryce Canyon I will have to get to you, there are some of Jeff running and some of Jaxon and Jake.
Wow! What a fun birthday party - you did great on the cake Melina!!
Post a Comment