Monday, February 23, 2009

Palm Springs

This is Jeff with only 10 miles left and dying of heat

Jaxon actually took this picture! Future photographer I would say!

Just heading out into the sunshine, sure wish he had those glasses, even at 7am!

Another one of Jaxon's pics. This is what we did most of the time, who wouldn't right!


This is how we entertained them on our 9 hour drive. Oreos, movies and drinks. What more could you want!

We went to Palm Springs to try and escape the cold weather and it was great. Not 80 degrees like we were hoping, but so nice. Jeff did his first 100 mile bike ride of the new year and did so awesome, only six hours on the bike and 1hour total at all the stops. Not bad eh? All I can say is who wants to sit on a bike for that long, right?! We brought Jeff's friend Tiago with us so he could see more of the U.S. If you didn't know he is from Brazil and is staying at Jeff's parents, they are wonderful! He is hear to learn English and is attending SUU. He is great with the kids and was such a big help the whole day Jeff was riding and especially in the car. The drive down took 9 awfully long hours thanks to an accident on the freeway in Cali. Needless to say we made it there with a very sick Melina and movie-zoned children. We swam most of the day Friday and went into town. The mountains surrounding Palm Springs are huge and beautiful covered with snow. Saturday Jeff left at 7am and started biking. Unlucky for him, he forgot his sunglasses! So when I got the boys ready and fed we tried to catch up with him at a stop, but with 5000 bikers there was no chance. The road crossed this tiny bridge over the freeway and it was packed with bikers. We met Jeff when he had about 10 miles left and he was doing great, squinty eyes and all. He finished and we went back to the pool and swam more, six hours total on just Saturday. We ate at this nice Brazilian restaurant for V-day and just relaxed. Sunday we stopped in Vegas to show Tiago and he was like anyone else who sees it for the first time, Awstruck! We made it home, me very thankful to be out of the car and amazing Jeff who wasn't even too sore. What a man! Great Job Honey, we love you!

2 comments:

Jeanine said...

That is awesome that he did that! I admire anyone who has that much drive and strength. I bet it was so nice to get to California and be in the sunny weather and not the cold. We are itching for spring too!

The Hammonds said...

Lina,...I wish you would have called me. Palm Springs is only like 1 hr away from me. I would have come and seen you. I am so happy that you are having another baby...so cute! Congrats.