Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The baby is here!

He finally made it here! We had Hunter John Burgess on Thursday, September 24th at 10:40pm. I honestly don't think I could have waited another day. I had my first real painful contraction at 5 or so and Jeff was sure when he got down running we would be going to the hospital. No such luck. Then at 7ish they were finally consistent every 2min! Jeff pulled out the watch and was the timer! We waited till almost 9pm and they were bad enough that I knew we had to go. When we got there I was a 5 not too bad! They put the epidural in at 9:30 and at 10 a was a ten and needless to say the epidural was not working. He was out by 10:20pm and the cutest thing in the world. I was able  to walk around right after which I hadn't been able to do with the others and the recovery has been great. The only thing that is sore is my back from the useless epidural, I haven't been able to hardly walk especially at the end of the day. Hunter is so so sweet and I can't get enough of him. Its been so long since we had a baby. He is eating good, sleeping good and just making us all melt. The boys are so good with him, Jax could hold him all day! Jax is having the hardest time adjusting so far, a little overly emotional but not jealous at all. Jake likes him and plays with him a little but is done after not too long. I couldn't be luckier! 



Our first family picture
Proud dad!
Aren't they sweet, Jake is obsessed with his nose and belly button!
3 days old
Coming home

16 comments:

Kel said...

He is adorable! Congratulations.

Jeanine said...

He is super cute! So happy and excited for you. Your family is adorable.

Aubrie said...

I'm so glad he is here safe and everything went well!! Congrats..I can't wait to meet him!

Rach said...

YAY!! He is SO CUTE! Congrats. It sounds like you went pretty fast once you got the hospital! That is awesome! Way to go, he is A-dorable with a capital A!

Heath Family said...

Awww! You have the most adorable boys ever. Glad everything went well...even without the epideral (yikes) :)! Enjoy your babies.

Chelle said...

Congratulations Melina! He is so cute! Glad to hear things are going good. I'm jealous, I still have 3 and a half months to go.

Nate and Jamie said...

Oh he is sooo precious!!! Congratulations!! How fun!

Jen said...

Hooray! What a cute little guy. I'm sure you've got tons of family willing to help (everyone loves a baby), but please holler if you need anything.

Vennesa said...

3 boys! Congratulations!

Kaesy said...

So sweet Melina! I can't believe you did it natural! I want to next time...but you know how that goes...

Love ya!

Cami and Mitch said...

Hooray! We can't wait to come down there so we can actually spend some time with baby Hunter!

wackywilsons said...

I am impressed that you have on such a cute outfit at the hospital! Pink in a room full of boys!

He is so yummy....I love newborns. The toddlers are more work than the babies for sure, so hang in there!

Congrats!

The Hammonds said...

Congrats Melina!! I am super excited and happy for you. That is so awesome! Welcome Hunter!

Melanie S. said...

congrats to you and all your boys I'm sure you'll be busy!

The Albrechts said...

Hi guys he is soo a Burgess!!! I think that he is so cute. It was good to see you at the deer hunt. My girls keep asking me to make the bestest pumpkin cookies and I was wondering if I could get the recipe from you. My e-mail is albrechtbb@yahoo.com. If you got time thanks.

Brooke

Steph H said...

Man, sorry I haven't checked your blog in a month! Hooray for the new baby!! I was wondering if you'd had him yet. Three boys, look at you! He is adorable and you look FANTASTIC! I'm so happy for you guys! (and really, if you're heading this way for Thanksgiving we'd love to see you)