Thursday, September 10, 2009
First Day Of School
Jaxon had his first day of preschool on Tuesday! He has been dying to go and has memorized everything about his teacher for the past two months, he even knows how to get there! His cousins started a week before him and he just couldn't hold back the jealous feelings. So we made a chain to count down the days till he started. We read the Bernsteins Bears Go to School book and he memorized everything they did in that book and associated it with his new school. He told everyone their would be painting and clay. We got his backpack out the night before and put in the stuff he needed to bring and then he was totally pumped to wear his new shoes I had put away until his first day of school and we laid out his new outfit! I asked me to make breakfast bundt rolls for his school breakfast. He was darling! We picked up Jeff and we all took him to school. He was so big. We went in and checked out all the rooms and he said I just knew school would be fun, mom! If only this would last for the next 14+ years. I am so proud of him. Jake is having an adjustment and the first day got to go to work with dad to keep his mind off Jaxon. Its easy with just one kid! I feel bad because sometimes he doesn't get the one on one that he needs. I've got to work on that! Soon baby #3 will be here and he won't get all my attention. He brings a backpack too when we drop off and pick up Jaxon. Too cute, I just love being a mom. This was one of those pivotal days I will never forget! I couldn't get any luckier to have such a wonderful family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Melina~ That is too precious! It is so cute how much they LOVE to be big! Hallee LOVED her first day of preschool. (She still loves it!) Jaxon is such a sweetie! Those poor middle children though!! Josie had a harder time letting Hallee go than I did!!
That is so stinking cute. I love that he was so pumped. How funny!
Post a Comment