Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter

Easter this year was so much fun. We went camping down to the Whitney Pockets with Jeff's family and it was a blast! Boy I love camping even with babies as long as we have a heater. Jeff's mom's family is a lot of fun, and wow they cook like crazy. It was a gourmet meal and tons of food! Scones, french toast, eggs, chili, you name it they cooked it! The kids did an easter egg hunt in the mountains and they had a blast. We came home Saturday and dyed easter eggs. This gets better each year as they get older. Once they start dipping there is no stopping them! We luckily game out with some color this year after some coaxing from me. Last year they were most brown.


I found that just letting them get on the table worked the best for coloring.

On Sunday we woke up and the kids went on a little hunt for their baskets and eggs. Jax did most of the hunting while Jake found his basket, opened all the eggs and ate all the candy! General Conference fell on the same day so we stayed in our pjs and watched, I wasn't as prepared this year for conference for the kids but it went okay. October will be better I hope. Goals, goals, constantly making new goals. In between conference sessions we went to Grandma's and made egg salad sands with twinkies and cadbury eggs for the kids to have a picnic. Which ended up inside due to the weather. Fun nonetheless! Bev used to do that when she was a kid on Easter. We had an easter lesson that night after conference and it is amazing how much they are coming to understand!





This was on Sunday in our Easter clothes, it was the best they would do for me. What a nutty house we live in!

1 comment:

wackywilsons said...

I love the candid pics!