Thursday, March 13, 2008

Disneyland!!!






So we went to Disneyland at the first of March. Jaxon loves Mickey Mouse and has been asking to go for months so we needed a little sunshine since it is so dreary lately. We drove over Sunday night and it was slick, the kids were great. On Monday we went to the beach, which was awesome, the kids love the sand. The water was freezing but Jaxon didn't even mind. He was jumping waves with Jeff and his cousins forever! This was surprising because when we went to Hawaii in Nov. he wanted nothing to do with those big waves. We just relaxed all day. Tuesday was Disneyland. It was a perfect day to go, the longest we waited was tops 15 minutes. I had not been to Disneyland for like eight years, for my senior trip, and Jeff hadn't been for eleven. So lots of it was new. Right as we walked in Mickey was there, Jax was waving and trying to run to him. Now they make you wait in line to see all the characters which was a bummer but just to see Mickey was enough to make him happy. The first ride everyone wanted to go on was pirates, Jax didn't want to go but I told him it would be fine, like I could remember what it was like I've only been there twice in my life. He went and got scared I felt so bad. Then everyone wanted to go to the haunted mansion he was not doing that so we waited and watched Splash Mtn. He loved winnie the pooh. We finally made it to Toon Town which was his favorite. He got to hug Mickey Mouse and I've never seen him so excited. Jake was a dream the whole time, even took a two-three hour nap in the stroller! Jeff and I got to go on space mtn. and splash mtn. which was fun. We left at about 7pm which was perfect for the kids. Jeff flew home on Wednesday for work and we just played by the pool and hung out till Friday when we drove home. It was such a great trip. The kids almost had just as much fun swimming at the pool at the hotel, Jaxon was even holding his breath underwater and trying to swim. Oh, one incident I will never forget. We are just abou the start potty training, he has gone a lot in the potty. We were at lunch and there was a slide at the restaurant, I could tell Jax had to poop. So we went in the potty and it was great. Came back out and just as I was about to put on a new diaper he says uh-oh and shows me his poopy hand. He had pooped on the slide and smeared it all over the slide and down the steps. It was nasty, with other kids trying to play. Needless to say it took me forever to clean it all out. At least he pooped in the toilet too , right?

7 comments:

Cami and Mitch said...

that is the funnest thing i have ever heard and at the same time i feel sorry that for you and him. i like the pic cami and i wish we were their. we love the place where dreams come true. lv you bro mitch

Cami and Mitch said...

Cute pictures guys! Looks like jaxon had a blast, we need to do something fun this summer

angie said...

two words...so jealous!! we took our kids to disneyland and the beach the summer of 2006 and it was the funnest thing ever. i can't wait to go again!! way cute pics...it looks like you guys had a great time.

Carrie said...

What fun family time! We did this last Nov and can't wait to go back again!

Lana said...

So fun! We're planning a trip there in a few weeks.....Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Steph H said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go on such a fun vacation! This is definitely the perfect time of year to get away to some sunshine too. Your boys are always so adorable.

Dave and Marie said...

I love disneyland!! We just took a trip to disneyworld and I just think it is so awesome when you never have to wait. I love those kinds of days.