Monday, August 18, 2008

Five Years, but who's counting...

I can't believe it has been five years since we were married. For our anniversary we were so lucky, we took the kids up to Grandma and Grandpa Squires house on Wednesday and we gone until Sunday morning. This was our first time without any kids going overnight for more than one night and boy was it heavenly. Don't get me wrong, we missed them, but you know how it feels to finally have no worries but your own. Heavenly!!! We left Thursday morning and went to the Ogden Temple and it was fun, that is where I took out my endowments and five years to the day we were married in the temple doing the same thing. Then we went shopping in SLC and it was the most fun I have ever had shopping. Maybe this is weird but I love shopping with my husband, he gets to see all the clothes I try on and I wear cute things for him, well and myself partially. It was a blast we went everywhere and anywhere! The we checked into the hotel that afternoon and checked things out. We ate at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, whoa, amazing steak and I am not a steak lover it melted in your mouth. Friday we got up and went for a hike in Park City and then we had our spa day. We had a couples massage and pedicures(or a gentlemens foot treatment as Jeff would say!) So relaxing! We golfed that night at 6pm and had this cute 13yr. old with us that played. He was our tour guide, he told us to go to the Olympic Park over Park City and to eat at 350 Main. So that night we go into Park City starving cause it is late and stumble onto 350 Main, it was so good, about as good as Ruth's Chris. Saturday we forced ourselves to go for a run and then we went to the Olympic Park and it was awesome so worth it! We did two rides and watched these ski jumpers do flips into the water and jump off the huge ski jump so cool! Then we went into Park City for the Arts Fesitival and had another great dinner. Lets just say we gained a few pounds after it all. Sunday morning we came back to Ogden for church and the kids had been great. Thanks so much mom and dad you guys are the best what would we do without you and the boys love you to death. Now you can get some rest and relaxation for a week or so till we come to invade again. I don't know what I would do without my sweetheart, my best friend! I love you and happy 5 years. It gets better every year!!!!

No comments: