We went on our now annual trip to Palm Springs for the century ride over there and this time we had company which was so nice. Bev, Joe, Jace, Jim and Mari's family, and Jeff's cousin Becky's family came with us. It was funny to see our parade of suburbans in California next to all the little sports cars. Seriously, no one has an extended suburban! We left Thursday morning for the drive and arrived at about six that night (it felt so long to me, I was complaining more than the kids)! On Friday we got up and Jace, Becky, and I went on a little bike ride which was so nice to do. I have missed riding my road bike. We went to the park and played then went to the pool and swam the rest of the day.
Saturday was the boys ride and they left early, then we went to a children's museum and had a lot of fun. They even a car the kids could paint themselves. Jace finished first from his 55 mile ride so we picked him up and then waited for Jeff and Ryan at the finish line. They did awesome and deserved their hot tub soak that night.
Sunday we went to church first and then to the zoo and boy was it hot that day. They kids did great and seemed to have a good time. We relaxed the rest of the day and packed things up. We drove home Monday and it seemed to go a lot faster, maybe it was my attitude. :) Overall another great trip there and we have spring fever now so hurry up spring we are dying for some more sunshine
This is pretty much what we did most of the time. Look at those little fish! The car at the museum was a hit!
Isn't he a crack up!
Hunter was MIA. Can you tell I was the only one who wanted the picture taken.
The three finishers in all their glory!
I absolutely love this picture! Look at Jake, I want to be just like him when I grow up!
2 comments:
Hi Burgess family, it's been a grip since I've checked out your blog, I see you have another boy! Yay, congratulations!!!
That looks fun! Did Jeff do well? We have spring fever too...we went to St.George for President's Day weekend and it was 60's and we were wearing short sleeve shirts and then came back here and it snowed! :(
Post a Comment