Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lucky

I just can't stop thinking about how lucky I am, for lots of things, but in particular for family. Unlike most families who as they grow tend to grow and move further away from one another. The Burgess family is the opposite. When we first were married it was a little overwhelming all the time that was spent with one another, I was amazed and always wondered if it would stay like that, would everyone get along??? It is amazing. Don't get me wrong, we all have different personalities and in the family there is a myriad of opinions. But we do it and we love it. I would never want it any different. The guys all work with there dad and mom, everyone is involved and everyones opinion is assessed and taken into consideration and then decisions are made. You would think initially that it would never work, but it does and so efficiently as well. Some of the things that I love are: my kids are best friends with their cousins, no awkwardness like I only see you once a year, they are best friends! We all help with everyone else's projects, canning, weddings, dinners etc... We are there for one another and you never feel alone like you have to do it on your own. We all work hard together, just this past weekend we were in Kanab trying to open a new hotel and I was amazed as I listened and watched as each took a task and went at it and worked hard. I hope that my children will see the example all of their grandparents, aunts and uncles have set for them and do the same. We play together as well, just today we all went over the Jim and Mari's and just hung out, swam, talked, ate while the kids played and swam. There are so many things I love about being a part of this family I couldn't name them all but I am lucky and so are my children. Sometimes I feel like this is what heaven is all about, helping, talking, and loving you family and I am lucky to have them all in my life!


3 comments:

Dave and Marie said...

This is just awesome!! You are right it doesn't happen very often in families where they live close and everyone still loves each other. I'm glad for you and I have to admit a tad bit jealous.

Mari Burgess said...

Oh I hope that means you won't ever not be my neighbor! I so needed this today. So needed it.

Jace said...

Lets just remember how Jace is the rock of the entire operation... Or something...