Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day

Now that ironman is over we have found ourselves enjoying life a little more and relaxing a lot more. For memorial weekend we went and stayed in St. George. We had a BBQ with the Thomas family, went swimming at the Fairfield and boy was it nice to actually see the sunshine and feel warm. On Saturday Becky and I went on an eight mile run and I couldn't have done it without her, it was actually so much fun to talk and get my exercise at the same time. Jeff and Ryan then went for a bike ride and then we all headed up to the Burgess Ranch.


They have a fishing pond there and all sorts of fun things to do. The kids rode the zip line and played on the swing set. Then we went fishing! Jax has been dying to catch a fish and was sorely disappointed when he didn't a few weekends ago at Newcastle Reservior.


This time did not disappoint, he caught two big ones and Jake reeled one in as well. I forgot how much I enjoy fishing, even the worms don't bother me. It must have been all those camping and backpacking trips we went on as kids. You always had to bait your own hook at Bear River, thanks dad for teaching me. We then roasted marshmallows, starburst and just hung out. They had a paddle boat which was fun for the kids. Monday we did the flower thing and then planted the garden.

No comments: