Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ogden Excursion

As of late we (well mostly Jeff) has been working his bum off trying to open a new hotel in Kanab. He has been gone a lot and I figured if he was going to be gone again why not trek up to Ogden and see my family since my parents are out of school for the summer. We left on Tuesday morning and except for a few whiny spouts the kids were great. We stopped in Lindon and went to the GREAT pool with Cami and Cooper. It was awesome, seriously if Lindon can have this why can't Cedar City??? Totally outdoor, huge slides, zero entry, lap pool, diving boards, hot tubs, lazy river! We had a blast I didn't want to leave but knew we must if I was going to stay awake the rest of the drive. It is so relaxing to see my family, I miss seeing them so much and it gives me a renewed sense of myself. I also love seeing all the places a grew up, my old street and the memories.
Jax is so good with little kids!
They were so worried about Cooper
I can't get enough of this kid! Couldn't be more heavenly and handsome

The next day was Wednesday and my dad and I got up at his typical 4:45am and headed to the gym, love to exercise and get it all out even if its that early. I saw some old friends while there too which was awesome! After we all got ready to headed to SLC to go to the This Is The Place monument. I never knew there was so much to do there, half a day is not enough. It was for a little bit older of kids but I think the kids enjoyed it. We went to the petting zoo, dipped our own handmade candles, and rode the train.
Jax is in the stripes in the background
Jake lost interest halfway through so Grandpa finished it for him, Jax though was very thourough and followed the ladies instructions exactly.

Then we headed up Emigration Canyon and ate at Ruth's Diner, super good. Don't ask Jake though, he slept through all of lunch on the stage outside by our table. Totally zonked out! We got home late and went on our 90th trip up to the school playground right by the house. Thursday we went and hike 29th street trail and the kids hiked the whole way! They were so good, my dad carried Hunter in the packer and we had a blast. We spotted poison ivy and it reminded me of all the times I hiked and ran this with my parents and they would point it out. The most exciting part however was the squirrel. We were just about done with the hike when Jaxon told us all to shush and be quiet. We all stopped and it was right next to him on the path, he took a step closer and quick as can be grabbed it by the tail and caught it! It was so unexpected I didn't know how to react I just stood there in awe. Who seriously is fast enough to catch a squirrel (must be all the chicken catching he does for Jayme). It curled up and made this creepy noise and bit him and then he dropped it and it just stared up at him like, "Is he going to get me again?" Then it ran away. I wish I could have gotten a picture but I will never forget it and Jax won't stop telling the story!
Hunter was just woken up and stuck in this thing, what a mean mom, but he loved it once we started moving. I love those mountains!


We left early Friday morning to come home so I wouldn't get tired and it was a miracle from heaven that I didn't fall asleep (got to get that thyroid under control!) Loved being there and will miss them until next time

1 comment:

Heath Family said...

I can't believe how big Hunter is getting! We definitely need to get together this summer. Cute, cute kiddos!!