Only FIVE days till Christmas!!! Decorations are up, wrapping is done, Christamas stories every night before bed, Christmas movie everyday! The countdown begins and I am excited. The first part of the month seemed to go so slowly, plus there was so much to still do! Christmas cards out, decorate, make goodies, buy gifts, wrap gifts, Christmas parties and now its so close. We weren't very faithful on our advent calendar until the boys asked me what day it was and I said the 15th! Then shocked I said, only ten more days till Christmas!!! Now its flying by and I will miss it when its gone.
These three are getting so big! Look at Hunter up on a stool helping cook like the big boys do. I love having these three in the kitchen. Mind you the youngest helps me trip as I cook with all the stuff he pulls out of every drawer and cupboard. The newest trick has been to teach Hunter how to bang on the metal pots. Creating havoc and distress in their mother as she tries to get dinner ready. I love it though. They get older and then no more banging, emptying, and helping mom because its cool to be able to cut the carrots and brown the meat.
This is by far our favorite Christmas tradition and love. Whenever the California Organge guy shows up in his truck in front of Peterson Plumbing we know Christmas is right around the corner. We love to have fresh squeezed oj in the morning and we eat these all day long.
Here are some pictures of the house all decorated. My mom and dad don't usually get to see it all put together and this year we are going to spend Christmas in Ogden with my family and I am so excited. It brings back all the memories from my childhood and how exciting Christmas was. It also makes me realize how important those traditions are for our kids so they will have the same warm Christmas memories.
This is my favorite room at Christmas time. We don't have enough space for the tree in the front room area so its in here and now that we have some furniture to sit on, thanks to Bev! What would I do without her?! We love you!
They boys did a lot of their own decorating too. They made these at school and a party. Jax is getting to be a wizz at making snowflakes. This is sad, but I forgot until he taught me. I need some practice more often!




No comments:
Post a Comment