Friday, December 10, 2010

A New Love and Challenge

In our family its we are always up for some sort of new challenge. Proof of that was Jeff's Ironman race this past spring and my marathon this fall (that was nothing compared to the ironman though). So in August we had been hearing for a while about a new gym called Crossfit. We researched it, looking at the pros and cons, asked people who knew about it and went there. So we decided Jeff would sign up first, he was super sore but felt a lot stronger. So I decided to sign up in October till December and see if I liked it or not. It is really different and I love it! It combines Olympic weightlifting techniques, with quick body weight exercises. Sometimes the workout is "for time" which means you do it as fast as humanly possible. Which usually makes me want to throw up and lie there not moving after its over. After I recover though I am pumped with what I just accomplished and want to get better and stronger and faster. For example, one workout we were climbing a 20' rope and trying to see how many times we could do it in 2 minutes. I could only make it to 10' but I did it 4 times. Never in my life did I think I could climb a rope let alone four times over! I used to leave that to the gymnasts and Cirque people in Vegas! It is challenging and I don't know if I can do it through the summer because I love being outside, but for this winter, this is our challenge. Its all in the thrill of accomplishing something you never thought possible. Its energizing, motivating, and hard! Check it out here...www.crossfitcedarcity.com

No comments: