Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My first breakdown

Just a few minutes ago, the other two kids were sleeping and so Jaxon and I had some time alone together. Yesterday we had glued together his first Kindergarten homework and we needed to cut it out to get it down all the way. He is a lot like me in wanting things done perfectly and he got really frustrated when he couldn't cut straight (due to the fact we still don't have left-handed scissors). So I helped a little but really wanted him to do it all himself, knowing that I have the tendency to take over so it is done perfectly. Well I let him do it and he cut off an ear on the picture and just gave up. We got over that and i taped it all together and we were good. He wanted to play with a friend after that so he was starting to leave and we had a little talk about how in Kindergarten we can't give up and not finish what we start, we just need to take a deep breath and try again. And then practice so we can get better at what we had a hard time with. Then I gave him a hug and told him how cute he was and asked him if he was ready for Kindergarten. He said yes. And I said what am I going to do without you? Then the tears started flowing knowing how much I am going to miss him in the mornings helping with the boys and entertaining Hunter. He is so good to help me with whatever I need and I know I can count on him to do it just how I like it. I know, what a cry baby! Its not much different than preschool, but I was overwhelmed with love and so proud of what he has accomplished and looking to the future at how much he will accomplish.

No comments: