Wednesday, August 3, 2011

June Camping Lake Powell Trip

I really don't know if we were here in June, we did so many fun things and were out of town a lot, mostly soaking up the sunshine. One of our first trips for the summer was a week at Lake Powell camping at Lone Rock Beach. Just the boys and I usually go with my parents and their friends. It was a blast. It was amazing to see how fast the lake was rising, it moved 5 feet up the beach every night. The tents were moved and all the gear 3 different times. It was perfect weather not too hot. I love to go on vacations with the boys where you can sit back relax and just watch them play. The beach is perfect for that because the entertainment is all over. They were so good. Hunter wouldn't leave my side like usual. The last night was a little crazy when a storm blew in winds that were 65 mph. I was literally holding my tent up hoping it wouldn't cave in on the boys who slept through it all. It went by fast and when we stepped out boats were all over the place having lost their anchors and people were spotlighting everyone to try to help get them all back. I was so thankful once again to have a nice sturdy canvas tent!

 These are our sleeping arrangements, I love the bunk beds for the boys and Hunter slept in the pack n play right by me. Perfect!
 This was our shade set up and where the kids dug holes endlessly. 

 The kids really got into digging these holes which were deeper than Jake's head! Every night they would fill up with water and people would walk by and fall in the kids little trap. I know dangerous but really it was pretty funny to watch. I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help it.

 This was the afternoon ritual, of all the gals laying out on the tubes and chatting. So relaxing and I learn so much from not only my own mom but these other more experienced moms teach me so much. Love them!

Jax tried to wakeboard but to no avail. I was proud of him for trying though. Both the kids just kneeboarded instead.

No comments: