Friday, August 19, 2011

Party in Ogden

The boys and I went to Ogden for the week of the 24th and it was so much fun. We arrived Monday afternoon after a long 5 hour drive. Thankfully Grandma and Grandpa were ready for some fun. Cami came up with Cooper and Cole and Mitch came up after work. We had another bday party for Jax. We played Pin the Tail on the Donkey. I loved it, my mom had the coolest old donkey. The kids were so funny. We opened presents, ate cake and played duck duck goose and just hung out which was so nice. The next day we went to Lagoon and I forgot to get out my camera we were having so much fun. We mostly stayed in kiddie land and the rides were thrilling enough for the older boys and still fun for the little ones. I couldn't believe Hunter, it took him some convincing that he could go without me and once he did, he didn't want to stop. On one ride my dad got him out and didn't see him do the more sign and he hit my dad and did the sign again. He was so funny. He even put his arms up on the kid roller coaster.  On Wednesday we went to the North Shore and spent a good 5 hours there and loved every minute of it.   Thursday we went hiking and boy was it hot, luckily the boys were troopers and we found a good shady spot by the river to play in for a bit. We saved a little butterfly that was stuck in the water and had a good laugh at all of us trying to cross the river. Friday we hung out and went on a drive up Ogden Canyon again and up to Snowbasin. Along with all of the planned things we played with neighbor friends, played kickball at the school and played at the playground at the school. I still can't figure out why I didn't take advantage of that playground when I was little. It wasn't quite so fancy and colorful, but so nice to have your school so close. We were so happy to be up there and even got to see Mitch and Cami's cute new house on our way home. Can't wait till next summer!










This was Hunter the first hour or so, back and forth, he couldn't let his mama go so he could go have fun.

 I finally talked him into the merry-go-round twice and it took some convincing. After that he was crazy about every ride!



No comments: