Tuesday, August 23, 2011
What is it????
Well, we went into the doctor weeks ago when I was 16 weeks along and he let me have a surprise ultrasound. We looked and to me it looked like a boy so I went with it, but he wanted me to come in again. We came in again the second time, this time Jeff was with me, and the kid was cross-legged and breech and wouldn't move an inch no matter how hard we pushed around on my stomach. So today I took all the boys with me and we went in again for a third ultrasound and its....a boy! I knew it was that first time, but doctors don't ever want to be wrong. Lots have people have mentioned and asked me if I really wanted a girl or its too bad you don't have a girl yet. Well, I am completely excited, I was from that first ultrasound. I know it will be totally crazier around our house as they all get older, lots of fist fights and rough play. Maybe its because I need to still practice, I haven't raised 'em right yet. But I think that is what the Lord wants and I feel so proud to know that hopefully, if I'm really lucky, they will all turn out as faithful missionaries and handsome stalwart husbands who love their wives. Its a lot of pressure for sure just because it seems boys are more naturally come to want to be the "natural man" and girls seem to have that spirit of knowing what the Lord expects. I am a pretty strict mom in a lot of ways and I expect a lot from those little boys, sometimes too much I'm sure. But I am hoping that with a lot of spiritual guidance, a lot of advice and example from a wonderful husband and a little bit of perfectionistic, always pushing me they will turn out balanced and capable men. My only fear in having all these boys and living in the times we do is that there are "wars and rumors of wars" and those are the parts the boys like best and ask the most questions about in the scriptures. If that is in my future I hope to have gained a lot more faith by that time and I hope if that happens they are like Capt. Moroni, Mormon, and the Stripling Warriors. But for know I can't wait to get to snuggle another sweet baby to sleep and watch him as he sleeps so peacefully in my arms, knowing that he just came to me straight from heaven and is more perfect than me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're so wonderful! It takes a strong woman to mother four boys and the Lord couldn't have picked a better one in you. I love reading your thoughts.
Post a Comment