Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Days of Preschool

Jax and Jake had their first days of preschool last week and it was so exciting for them and a little sadness mixed in with happiness for their mother. We carpool this year and I was lucky enough to take Jax and his friends the first day. They were all jabbering the whole way their and he just walked right off without even a kiss or a goodbye, broke my heart to see him so big. But he didn't resist when I insisted on a kiss, so he may be big but he still needs his mommy. Its been fun for him to have friends in his class too.




Jake had his first day the next day and his school starts at 12:30 pm. He was dressed and ready with his backpack on at 8 am! He knew his aunt Jayme was taking him (which was really hard for his mom on his first day) so when she showed up to pick up Jax at 9 am he was out the door and almost in her car before we could catch him. I told him it wasn't his turn yet and the look on his face was so disappointed! I felt so bad, from then on he asked me every hour if it was time yet. When he left finally he was so cute and gave me a kiss and yelled bye mom! When he came home he busted out his first picture and was so proud! We hung it right up on the fridge. 




How did they grow up so fast? I need them little again. Its sad to think that I only have five years to teach them and then the world gets to have more influence, those first five I am learning are so so important. So many things you want them to learn so they will be able to withstand what the world is going to throw at them! But grow up they must and I am so proud of them.

No comments: